When you sign up for or use ECHO services you voluntarily share certain information including your name, email address, phone number, photos, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share your precise location using your device settings. We will still use your IP address, which is used to approximate your location, even if you don’t choose to share your precise location.
Unless defined in this Policy, capitalized words shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in our Terms and Conditions. Please read this Policy in consonance with our Terms.
By accessing the Platform, you consent to the collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal data, in accordance with, and are agreeing to be bound by this Policy. We will not collect any information from you, except where it is knowingly and explicitly provided by you.
REBELLION INTERNATIONAL d.o.o
elechova cesta 15, Preserje pri Radomljah, 1235 Radomlje
(2) The data we collect about you:
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal data about you in connection with your use of the Services, including but not limited to: name, email address, personally submitted preferences, location data, IP address.
You do not have to provide any personal data or information to us but in doing so, you may not be able to take advantage of all the Services we offer.
Your non-custodial wallet interacts with the future App on the Platform, and the smart contract stores your wallet address.
(3) Collection Purposes:
Rebellion Group may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including, but not limited to, monitoring the usage of our Service.
- For the performance of a contract, including, but not limited to, the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To comply with applicable laws, including, but not limited to, applicable anti-money-laundering and know-your-customer laws.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
- For other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Services or to contact You.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Services may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your prior written consent.
(4) Retention of your Personal Data
(5) Management of your Personal Information:
Rebellion Group will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information which it collects, uses or discloses is correct and is stored in a secure environment which is accessed only by authorized people.
Rebellion Group will destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information we hold when it is no longer required for any purpose permitted under the APPs including our legal or operational obligations.
(6) Transfer of your Personal Data:
As a part of your use of and to ensure better and seamless delivery of the Services to you, the information and personal data you provide to us may be transferred to and stored at countries other than your home jurisdiction. These countries shall be subject to data laws of their respective countries. We and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. By using such Service, you expressly consent to this transfer, and agree and acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any additional terms and conditions, policies, and guidelines.
By submitting your information and personal data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and/or processing of such information, and personal data outside the country you are based in, in the manner described above.
(7) Access to Personal information:
You may access the Personal Information collected by Rebellion Group or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give you access to your Personal Information in the manner requested if that is possible and within a reasonable period. If we refuse your request or cannot give you access in the manner you have requested, we will do what we can to meet your requirements by other means. We may not be required to give you access to your Personal Information in certain circumstances which are set out in the APPs including where it may have an unreasonable impact on other individual’s privacy. If we refuse access for such reasons, we will advise you in writing of the refusal and our reasons and the complaint mechanisms available to you.
(8) Disclosure of your Personal Data:
a) Business transitions:
b) Law Enforcement:
Under certain circumstances, Rebellion Group may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements:
You hereby agree that Rebellion Group may disclose your Personal Data if, in our good faith belief, such action is necessary to:
- Comply with any legal obligation of Rebellion Group;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Rebellion Group;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public; and
- Protect against legal liability
c) Security of your Personal Data:
You acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is totally secure. Accordingly, Rebellion Group does not warrant the security of any information which you transmit to it. Any information which you transmit to Rebellion Group is transmitted at your own risk. However, once Rebellion Group receives your transmission, Rebellion Group will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure including by using password protected systems and databases and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Rebellion Group’s staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of Users’ Personal Information and trading behaviour.
Information posted on bulletin boards or communicated within a social media environment (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Chat Rooms) becomes public information. Rebellion Group cannot guarantee the security of this type of disclosed information.
We take seriously the responsibility to exclude children from access to our services. We will not accept their information for the purposes of accessing or using the Service. It is however, ultimately the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s Internet activities including where appropriate by using Internet screening software.
Remember to always log out of your account when you have completed your time on the website. This is particularly important if you share a computer with another person. You are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer, mobile device or any other handset used to access the website.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any account information. Please be careful whenever using the Internet and our website.
(9) Links to Other Websites:
We keep our Policy under regular review and may amend this Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion.
The terms of this Policy may change and if they do, the changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you on the website. The new Policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the Services.
(11) Contact details:
If you have any queries, requests for access or correction or complaints relating to the handling of your personal information, please contact us by email.